Friday, February 10, 2012

Recipe: Banana-Raisin Sweet Chutney

Banana-Raisin Sweet Chutney is traditionally served with Manglorean Sweet Pulao. I don't make this chutney as I'm allergic to bananas and personally I prefer a spicy accompaniment to the Sweet Pulao. This however is my mums recipe and I'll upload a picture when I can find it.

The chutney has a deep red colour and this comes from a slice of boiled beetroot.

Ingredients:
1 ripe Mysore plaintain (substitute with any sweet variety)
1 slice of boiled beetroot (this is for colour - the more beetroot you use, the deeper the colour)
6 dates
50 gms raisins / kishmish
1 red chilli (remove the seeds if you prefer it less spicy)
1" ginger
1 small onion
a sprig of mint

3 cloves
1/4" cinnamon
pinch of tamarind paste
salt to taste

Method:
Grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste without water.
Serve with Manglorean Sweet Pulao.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis